The Longboat Key Town Commission will consider several options for the island’s north end erosion issues at its 2 p.m. regular workshop today, including a variety of different breakwater options.
The commission will receive updates on an emergency 600-cubic yard beach project and consider approving $125,000 for its share of a joint Longboat Pass Inlet Management Study that will be worked on with Manatee County. The commission will also consider spending $103,879 for a sand search in federal waters for future beach renourishments and funding permitting costs for the upcoming town-wide renourishment project.
Also at its meeting this afternoon at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
Consider forwarding to its Monday, Feb. 1 regular meeting for first reading:
• Amending the employment policies of the firefighters’ retirement system in order for the town to remain eligible for the receipt of state premium tax monies.
• Amending the employment policies of the general employees’ retirement system in order for the system to remain compliant with changes made by the Legislature.
Consider forwarding to its Monday, Feb. 1 regular meeting for formal action:
• A request by the police department to seek a $2,200 grant to fund the purchase of a citation printer for the marine patrol unit. The grant does not require the town to match the grant.
• A request by a member of the firefighter retirement system to have his years of service credit reviewed.
• A presentation of future entryway and way-finding signs that could be put on the Key as part of a beautification project by Florida Department of Transportation officials
• A request by town staff to waive a sound regulation requirement that will allow Florida Department of Transportation to work extended hours in the summer months when they repave the Sarasota County portion of Gulf of Mexico Drive.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
16 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.