From local politics to Key development and new business ventures, these seven leaders will impact Longboat life in the new year.
1. Brian Kenney. His company, Juliani Kenney Investment Capital LLC, purchased the struggling Whitney Beach Plaza in December for $3.7 million. Now, he will work to bring traffic back to the north end.
2. Ed Chiles. The longtime Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key restaurant owner thinks a pro-business attitude will bring a sense of community to the island.
3. Jim Eatrides. The Longboat Key resident and business owner must face a group of citizens this year who are against placing a cell tower on the north end of the island.
4. Jay Yablon. Colony Beach & Tennis Resort Association President Jay Yablon believes a historic renovation of the resort can be accomplished.
5. Susan Landau. The self-proclaimed foodie plans to spice things up with a new event this season.
6. Jack Duncan. Harbourside resident Jack Duncan is now the District 2 commissioner-elect after another resident bowed out of the race in December.
7. Tom Aposporos. The Longboat Key, Lido Key, St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce president puts his politics, business and theater background to work.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
23 Wine Tasting for Mote at Harry's on Longboat Key
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.