From local politics to Key development and new business ventures, these seven leaders will impact Longboat life in the new year.
1. Brian Kenney. His company, Juliani Kenney Investment Capital LLC, purchased the struggling Whitney Beach Plaza in December for $3.7 million. Now, he will work to bring traffic back to the north end.
2. Ed Chiles. The longtime Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key restaurant owner thinks a pro-business attitude will bring a sense of community to the island.
3. Jim Eatrides. The Longboat Key resident and business owner must face a group of citizens this year who are against placing a cell tower on the north end of the island.
4. Jay Yablon. Colony Beach & Tennis Resort Association President Jay Yablon believes a historic renovation of the resort can be accomplished.
5. Susan Landau. The self-proclaimed foodie plans to spice things up with a new event this season.
6. Jack Duncan. Harbourside resident Jack Duncan is now the District 2 commissioner-elect after another resident bowed out of the race in December.
7. Tom Aposporos. The Longboat Key, Lido Key, St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce president puts his politics, business and theater background to work.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Power Networking Seminar
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
16 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Golfer sees swinging success
Longboat Key resident Arlene McKitrick celebrated her 200th golf championship win this week at Sara Bay Country Club in an FSGA event.
Mote receives NOAA grant
Mote Marine Laboratory recently received a $99,615 grand for its dolphin and whale rehabilitation efforts from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Correction: Heitlers to net 75 years in April
In its Sept. 18 issue, the Longboat Observer featured Plymouth Harbor resident George Heitler, a lifelong tennis player who has played tennis for most of his 99 years and is a regular at the Longboat Key Public Tennis Center.