The Longboat Key Town Commission postponed a final decision on Moore’s Stone Crab Restaurant’s Comprehensive Plan amendment and zoning request change.
Owner Alan Moore asked for a continuance because a full commission board wasn’t present.
Village resident and Commissioner Gene Jaleski was absent from the meeting, leaving only six commissioners on the dais Monday night.
Also Monday, the Town Commission approved a request by Christ Church of Longboat Key, Presbyterian by a 6-0 vote to build the $3.5 million sanctuary project the Planning and Zoning Board sent forward with their recommendation last month.
The commission approved the request after listening to testimony by the applicant, supporters and opponents of the project for more than three-and-one-half hours.
Also at its 7 p.m. meeting tonight at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission:
Forwarded to its Monday, Feb. 1 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• A resolution that reimburses the North Shore erosion structure control account. Last month, the commission transferred $30,000 from the north end erosion control structure account to the North Shore Road sand fill project to allow the town to place 600 cubic yards of sand near the severely eroded North Shore Road public beach access point.
• An ordinance that gives the town manager the authority to make reasonable adjustments to utility bills.
• An ordinance that mandates newly seated commissioners and all board and committee members receive mandatory training in public records, the state’s Sunshine Law and ethics.
• An ordinance that reconciles discrepancies in the town’s water and sewer service rates.
• A resolution that allows the town to spend $30,000 to pay for the town’s preliminary election.
• A resolution that provides for and establishes early voting for both the preliminary and municipal elections.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 1 Response
- When do the Town Commissioners actually listen to the tax paying residents of Longboat key? not too often! Why weren't we asked whether the Commissioners could be allowed to run for extra terms?
Without our consent we are now spending $30,000. for a preliminary election. Lee Rothenberg should be ashamed of himself. It is time to step down Lee.
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Joan M. Durante Park installs new playground
The playground is made from post-consumer recycled materials.
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?