+ Lakewood Ranch
• Patrick Kenefick and Chris Eckstrom scored 189 to win the overall championship of the 2012 Men’s Fall Member Guest event Nov. 8 to Nov. 10.
• Richard Levy and Frank Fairman scored 195 to win the Augusta National Flight.
• Ron Zabel and Doug Zabel scored 201 to win the Muirfield Flight.
• Kip Radigan and Vince Levito scored 194 to win the Pebble Beach Flight.
• John Turyan and Joe Ogrodnik scored 203 to win the Pine Valley Flight.
• Tom McManus and Bob Marotto scored 197 to win the Oakmont Flight.
• Patrick Kenefick and Chris Eckstrom scored 189 to win the St. Andrews Flight.
• Matthew Arcari and Jim Soda scored 200 to win the Cherry Hills Flight.
• Charles Kimsey and Tim Moody scored 194 to win the Pinehurst Flight.
• Richard Levitan and Doug Simmonds scored 191 to win the Seminole Flight.
• Dawn Burcham and Jane Imperial shot 57 to win Flight 1 of the Players’ Cup WGA event Dec. 4 on Cypress Links. Pat Wapole and Candice McMahon shot 56 to win Flight 2. Betty Kabara and Pat Smith shot 57 to win Flight 3.
• Mary Ann McMerty, Judy Moon, Pat Merchant and Jane Donahoe scored 138 to win the two best balls on par 4s and 5s, three best balls on par 3s Ladies Buddy event Dec. 1, on the Champions Course.
• Mary Beth Grey, Donna Vasko, Betty Goldman and Mary Amanti scored 120 to win team quota points WGA event Dec. 4, on the Champions Course.
• Sandy Gordon, Grant Dazey and Don Page scored -3.25 to win the MGA scramble event Dec. 5, on the Lakes Course.
+ River Club
• Jack Bostrom used his 9-iron to record an ace Oct. 29 on the 112-yard No. 15 of the River Club Golf Course.
• Jan Doede, PJ McCaleb and Liz Bostrom finished -2 to win the best ball LGA event Nov. 4.
• Noel Pressler shot 69 to win Flight 1 of the low net LGA event Nov. 13. Judy Wayer shot 78 to win Flight 2.
• Noel Pressler scored 27 to win the low putts LGA event Dec. 4.
• The ladies scored 29.5 to win the four-ball match play Battle of the Sexes event Nov. 9.
• Carl Koenig shot 72 to win the low net MGA event Nov. 14.
• Tom Davis used his 6-iron to record an ace Oct. 26 on the 132-yard No. 17 of Tara Golf and Country Club.
• Richard Airchison used his 4-Hybrid to record an ace Nov. 1, on the 148-yard No. 4 of Tara Golf and Country Club.
• Walter Limmer used his 4-Hybrid to record an ace Nov. 9 on the 152-yard No. 13 of Tara Golf and Country Club.
• Marilyn Johnson, Carole St. George, Lee Stamos and Barabara Moorhead won the two best balls of four net LGA event Nov. 13.
• Jim Peters used his 6-iron to record an ace Nov. 14 on the 141-yard No. 13 of Tara Golf and Country Club.
• Elaine Drewniak, Martha Brandon, Florie Hartnack and Carolyn Howard scored 47 to win the front nine portion of the 1-2-2 on 3-4-5 nine-hole event Nov. 29. Mickey Boughton, Ginny Pike and Shirley Overmyer shot 50 to win the back nine portion.
• Lynnda Quirk won the Scarlett Cup WGA event Dec. 4.
+ University Park
• John Haddock used his 5-iron to record an ace Oct. 26 on the 135-yard No. 16 of University Park Country Club.
• Judy Jones scored 32 to win the low individual net nine-hole LGA event Nov. 29.
• Mike and Donna Katos and Bruce and Lynn Wallin scored -25 to win the 6-6-6 Couples Holiday Fun event Dec. 2.
• Randy Holden and John Gillies shot 58 to win holes one through 10 of the one best ball of two MGA two-man stroke play event Dec. 5. Pat Thompson, Mark Miller, Walt Towslee and Peter Pasold shot 62 to win holes 10-19.
• Ed Ellis used his 5-iron to record an ace Nov. 26 on the 148-yard No. 15 of the Waterlefe Golf and River Club.
Currently 0 Responses
Daylight Saving Time starts 2 a.m. Sunday, so be sure to set your alarm accordingly.
The Tabernacle Christian School middle school student Lauren Medred, an East County resident, earned top vocal honors, taking first place in vocal solo female category of the Florida League of Christian School’s Festival of the Academics and Arts Feb. 28 and March 1 at Southeastern University in Lakeland.
Manatee County schools dominated a state technology competition with five of six top-three finishes earned by Manatee County schools during the 35th annual Technology Student Association State Competition late February.