The Lakewood Ranch High swim team scored 292 points to defeat Saint Stephen’s (146) and Bayshore (79) in a Tri-Meet Sept. 11.
The boys team scored 151 points while the girls team scored 141 points.
Individual winners for Lakewood include:
• Danielle Valley (200-yard individual medley)
• Will Kazokas (200 individual medley, 100 backstroke)
• Shannon McCarthy (50 freestyle)
• Kevin Berkenbusch (50 freestyle, 500 freestyle)
• Kara Tan (one-meter diving)
• Madison Jean (100 butterfly
• Jonathan Chaires (100 butterfly)
• Jay Cho (100 freestyle, 100 breaststroke)
• Ianka Berkenbusch (500 freestyle)
• Hannah Grant (100 backstroke)
• Camille Gonzales (100 breaststroke)
Lakewood also won the girls and boys 200 medley relay, the girls 200 freestyle relay and the boys 200 medley relay.
Currently 0 Responses
Tennis pro earns honors
Palm-Aire Country Club Director of Tennis Greg High has scored big with the U.S. Professional Tennis Association.
Petruff receives service award
East County resident and local attorney Patricia Petruff, a senior partner of the Dye, Deitrich, Petruff & St. Paul law firm in Bradenton, has been awarded the 2014 William C. Grimes Award for Lifetime Achievement in Community Service.
East County resident Julie Kean recently captured this photo of two fawns resting on Legacy Boulevard, near the Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club’s tennis and fitness center.