Lakewood Ranch Town Hall Inter-District-Authority is reminding residents of the rules and regulations of golf carts.
• prohibits carts to be driven on the sidewalks;
• requires all drivers to have a valid driver’s license and obey the traffic laws when operating a cart;
• only allows carts with headlights, brake lights, turn signals and a windshield to be on the designated roads before sunrise and after sunset;
• requires carts to have working brakes, steering, safe tires, a rearview mirror and red reflectors in the front and back, on the roadways;
• gives pedestrians the right of way before carts.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Cooking Class: Crazy For Cookies
20 Cooking Class With California Cabernets
20 Ice on the Diamond
21 Gingerbread Houses
21 Ovation's Musical Theatre Holiday Revue
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
22 Gingerbread Houses
23 Cooking Class: Nuts About Holiday Cookies
24 Cooking Class: Crazy For Cookies
PHOTO GALLERY: Horseshoe Cove Golf Cart Parade
Members of the Horseshoe Cove community suited up in their best Christmas outfits and hopped in their golf carts Dec. 18 for a trial run of their annual Golf Cart Parade, to take place Dec. 22.
School district fails to win money for STEM grant
For the second year in a row, the Manatee County School District fell just short to win federal funding for a grant to fund a plan to implement science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) labs in elementary schools.
PHOTO GALLERY: Party for the Park
The Freedom Elementary staff made some changes to their annual event — switching the name and location this year. What will now be called Party for the Park took place Dec. 18 at the school's campus, where students and their families came together for free food, toys, books and a good time.