Lakewood Ranch Town Hall Inter-District-Authority is reminding residents of the rules and regulations of golf carts.
• prohibits carts to be driven on the sidewalks;
• requires all drivers to have a valid driver’s license and obey the traffic laws when operating a cart;
• only allows carts with headlights, brake lights, turn signals and a windshield to be on the designated roads before sunrise and after sunset;
• requires carts to have working brakes, steering, safe tires, a rearview mirror and red reflectors in the front and back, on the roadways;
• gives pedestrians the right of way before carts.
Currently 0 Responses
18 Good Friday Service
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
19 Blessing of the Animals
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
19 Good Friday Service
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
19 Easter Vigil
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
PHOTO GALLERY: Braden River Library Easter Egg Hunt
Children ages 12 and under scrambled to find multi-colored plastic eggs filled with candy, April 17, at Braden River Library's Easter Egg Hunt. After attendees found all of the eggs that were tucked inside, behind and underneath books, they decorated Easter egg and bunny cutouts to take home, along with their sweet treats.
UPDATE: Napiers arrested for 15 counts of animal cruelty
Owners of Napier's Log Cabin Horse and Animal Sanctuary, Alan and Sheree Napier, were arrested April 17, after months of investigations by the Manatee County Sheriff's Department.
PHOTO GALLERY: 'The Three F's...Fables, Folktales and Fairy Tales'
Students in Marti Bhame's second-grade class, at Braden River Elementary, embodied fictional characters and brought their stories to life during their production of "The Three F's…Fables, Folktales and Fairy Tales," April 17. The students performed three bite-sized renditions of "The Grasshopper and the Ant," "Dinerella" — "Cinderella" with dinosaurs — and "Stone Soup." Each mini play represented a different type of story to coincide with fairy tale and other story-themed curriculum Bhame has been teaching.