Lakewood Ranch Town Hall Inter-District-Authority is reminding residents of the rules and regulations of golf carts.
• prohibits carts to be driven on the sidewalks;
• requires all drivers to have a valid driver’s license and obey the traffic laws when operating a cart;
• only allows carts with headlights, brake lights, turn signals and a windshield to be on the designated roads before sunrise and after sunset;
• requires carts to have working brakes, steering, safe tires, a rearview mirror and red reflectors in the front and back, on the roadways;
• gives pedestrians the right of way before carts.
Currently 0 Responses
23 Back to School Splash Bash
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
23 Ovation - School of Musical Theatre Open House and registration for fall Session I
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
30 Fresh Market on Main
9 Early Fall Gently Used Book Sale
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
PHOTO GALLERY: Grand opening of Everglades University solar energy teaching lab
Everglades University showcased its new outdoor solar energy teaching lab to the public Aug. 21 at the lab's grand opening.
PHOTO GALLERY: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Awareness Kickoff
To inform attendees of the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Awareness Walk, slated for October, event Chairwoman Vanessa Baugh and members of the American Cancer Society hosted an awareness kickoff event Aug. 21, at Gold Coast Eagle Distributing. Attendees decked in pink boas, T-shirts, pants and shoes snacked on pink icing-topped cupcakes while listening to Baugh give a presentation on the disease.
FDOT announces lane closures on State Road 64, at Bayside Church
Drivers on State Road 64, near Bayside Community Church, located at 15800 E. State Road 64, should expect delays east and westbound from 8 a.m. to 5 pm. through Aug. 29.