Lakewood Ranch Town Hall Inter-District-Authority is reminding residents of the rules and regulations of golf carts.
• prohibits carts to be driven on the sidewalks;
• requires all drivers to have a valid driver’s license and obey the traffic laws when operating a cart;
• only allows carts with headlights, brake lights, turn signals and a windshield to be on the designated roads before sunrise and after sunset;
• requires carts to have working brakes, steering, safe tires, a rearview mirror and red reflectors in the front and back, on the roadways;
• gives pedestrians the right of way before carts.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Maundy Thursday Service
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
18 Good Friday Service
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
19 Blessing of the Animals
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
19 Good Friday Service
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
PHOTO GALLERY: Kiddie Academy Egg Hunt
Children at Kiddie Academy enjoyed visits with the Easter Bunny, as well as an Easter egg hunt April 17, on the school's playground.
PHOTO GALLERY: Class 7A-District 10 Semifinal Softball- Lakewood Ranch vs. Sarasota
The No. 2 seed Lakewood Ranch High softball team defeated No. 3 seed Sarasota 9-1 in the Class 7A-District 10 semifinals April 15. Freshman Logan Newton allowed one run on five hits and two walks while striking out four in five innings of work to earn the win on the mound. Junior Amanda Rak pitched the final two innings in relief, striking out five, to earn the save. Jackie Schoff went 1-for-1 with a double, three walks, a stolen base, a RBI and three runs scored to lead the way for Lakewood at the plate. Maddie Biggs went 2-for-3 with a double, three RBIs and a run scored. Kaylee Misiti went 2-for-3 with a double and three RBIs. SaraBeth Wengerd went 2-for-3 with a walk and a run scored to lead the way for Sarasota at the plate. Clarissa Lynch pitched 1/3 of an inning before turning the ball over to Brittany Bendel. Lakewood Ranch will travel to rival Braden River for the district championship April 17.
The Good News: Terry Stottlemyer and Madeline Brogan
The all-volunteer, nonprofit organization provides assistance for struggling mothers through community donations.