SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO —
This week we went in the kitchen with owner Ed Chiles and chef Will Manson of BeacHhouse for potato-encrusted grouper.
The BeacHhouse is located 200 Gulf Drive N. on Anna Maria Island. The restaurant features Florida-style dining right on the Gulf of Mexico and features dishes such as Gulf Coast crab cakes, stuffed tilapia and conch fritters. The BeachHouse also features Lola wine.
For more In the Kitchen videos, click here.
Scroll down for a instructional video on how to prepare the dish:
• 1 six-ounce grouper fillet
• 1 Idaho potato shredded
• 2 ounces matchstick-cut vegetables
• 2 ounces clarified butter
• 2 ounces dark rum
• 2 ounces fish stock
• 3 ounces orange marmalade
• 1 tablespoon horseradish
1. Blend 1 ounce vegetables with shredded potatoes.
2. Heat butter in saute pan.
3. Add vegetable/potato mix.
4. Place fish on top.
5. Cook on stove until edges are browned.
6. Flip fish and potatoes together.
7. Bake in oven at 350 degrees approximately 4 minutes until done or the fish is a golden brown
1. Saute remaining vegetables and add rum.
2. Reduce mixture to half.
3. Add stock and reduce by half.
4. Add marmalade and horseradish.
5. Top fish with vegetables and drizzle sauce over top.
Currently 0 Responses
21 Gingerbread Houses
21 Ovation's Musical Theatre Holiday Revue
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
22 Gingerbread Houses
23 Cooking Class: Nuts About Holiday Cookies
24 Cooking Class: Crazy For Cookies
26 Kids 3-Day Cooking Camp
26 Teens 3-Day Cooking Camp
30 Italian Wine and Dine
Coats for kids
Knights of Columbus Councils are helping children in need by providing coats to children in their communities through the order’s Coats for Kids program.
Santa and his elf made a surprise stop Dec. 13, at WineStyles, in San Marco Plaza, by Harley-Davidson motorcycle, during the store’s weekly Friday night wine-tasting event.
Members and guests of the Lakewood Ranch Women’s Club ventured Dec. 4 to Orlando, to view holiday decorations at the Grand Floridian and to have lunch at Downtown Disney.