Drivers in Manatee County should have their vehicle information handy.
During the month of July, the Florida Highway Patrol will be conducting driver license and vehicle inspections.
Troopers will be concentrating on identifying issues such as bad brakes, worn tires and defective lighting equipment, as well as drivers who are violating driver license laws.
Checkpoint locations include:
• 17th Street East, near U.S. 31, Palmetto
• 9th Street East, south of 53rd Avenue East
• 33rd Street East, north of 63rd Avenue East
• Morgan Johnson Road at about 13th Avenue East
• 5100 block of 37th Street East
• Canal Road and 17th Street East, Palmetto
• 60th Avenue West and 12th Street West
• 26th Avenue East and 27th Street East
• 69th Street East and 76th Avenue East, Parrish
Currently 0 Responses
26 Tribute to Heroes Parade - Main St LWR
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
28 Braden River Soccer Club Try-outs
29 LWRBA May Membership Lunch
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
31 May YLA Breakfast "Legendary Leaders"
7:30 am - 9:00 am
Gullett student wins speech contest
Gullett Elementary School student Hailey Wahlers took home top honors May 11, after placing first in the Tropicana District Speech Contest.
Girl Scouts give cookies a new cause
Local Daisy Scouts from Troop 180 are helping Feeding Empty Little Tummies feed homeless school children in the area.
Dancing group to host fundraiser
Members of KC and the Sunshine Dancers, a group of Manatee County dancers ages 8 to 20, will show off their dancing skills in jazz, hip-hop and contemporary dance from 7 to 9 p.m. May 28, as the group holds a show titled "Breaking Ground."