U.S. Rep Vern Buchanan last week announced his nominations to the four U.S. Service Academies — the U.S. Aire Force, Merchant Marine and Military and Naval academies.
Nominees from East County schools include:
• Alec Aman Bacon, of Lakewood Ranch High School, to the U.S. Naval Academy
• Jessica Riley Gore, a graduate of Braden River High School attending Texas A&M University, to the U.S. Naval Academy
• Thomas Kope, of Braden River High School attending Marion Military Institute, to the U.S. Military Academy
• Matthew Ganaway Malcom, of Braden River High School, to the U.S. Military Academy
• Jordan Romecki, a graduate of Cardinal Mooney High School attending Florida State university, to the U.S. Naval Academy.
Contact Pam Eubanks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
14 Ovation Teen Intensive Summer Camp
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
17 Grand Opening of Goodwill Manasota's Newest Store in Manatee
18 Discover DaVinci & Michelangelo "Side by Side"
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tennis pro earns honors
Palm-Aire Country Club Director of Tennis Greg High has scored big with the U.S. Professional Tennis Association.
Petruff receives service award
East County resident and local attorney Patricia Petruff, a senior partner of the Dye, Deitrich, Petruff & St. Paul law firm in Bradenton, has been awarded the 2014 William C. Grimes Award for Lifetime Achievement in Community Service.
East County resident Julie Kean recently captured this photo of two fawns resting on Legacy Boulevard, near the Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club’s tennis and fitness center.