SCROLL DOWN FOR THIS WEEK’S VIDEO —
This week we went in the kitchen with Andrea Bozzolo, owner of Andrea’s, for a homemade ravioli dish. Bozzolo was born in Pallanza in Piedmont, Italy, and in 2003 moved to Sarasota after visiting the area on vacation.
Andrea’s is located at 2085 Siesta Drive and features local produce, wild-caught fish and homemade breads and pastas.
Click here for more “In the Kitchen” recipes.
Learn how to make homemade ravioli and watch an instructional video below:
• Ravioli is a classical Northern Italian stuffed pasta made with water, eggs, flour and a touch of oil. To make, the ingredients are blended with a hand mixer or electric mixer and rolled into a sheet of pasta with a pasta sheet maker.
• Once the pasta is made into a sheet, put stuffing — Andrea’s uses wild mushrooms sautéed with shallots, red wine and blended with egg yolk, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese — into a pastry bag.
• Squeeze about a walnut-size portion of the stuffing onto the pasta sheet and repeat until all the stuffing is gone.
• Cover with another sheet of pasta, and press very gently with your fingers to remove air. Cut the ravioli into squares with a pasta cutter.
• Boil ravioli for three minutes, adding a little salt to the water to prevent the ravioli from sticking.
• Serve with melted butter, sage and Parmesan.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Women's Council of Realtors Fashion Show
20 First Responders Community Day
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
24 Food Fight
6:00 am - 11:00 pm
26 Lakewood Ranch Republican Club Luncheon
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
MTI hosts 9/11 blood drive
As the nation remembers the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Manatee Technical Institute will commemorate the tragedy with a blood drive from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sept. 10 and Sept. 11, at its main campus, 6305 State Road 70 East, in front of Braden River High Schol.
Salon hosts benefit for transplant recipient
An East County salon is trimming up to support a local 32-year-old battling cystic fibrosis.
Texting video goes viral
Seven million clicks. For Salt & Light Productions, the number was unimaginable.