Address: 6814 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key
Hours: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday
Known for: Continental European cuisine, homemade pizza
(fish stew similar to bouillabaisse)
½ cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
10 ounces tomato sauce
¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
¼ cup dry white wine
1 cup clam juice
1 pound fresh mussels, scrubbed and rinsed well
¾ pound fresh clams, scrubbed and rinsed well
½ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 large scallops
½ pound calamari, sliced
Salt and pepper
½ pound angel hair pasta
1. In a large, heavy pot, pour ¼ cup of olive oil and one clove of crushed garlic. Cook over moderate heat until pale golden.
2. Add shrimp and scallops, season with salt and pepper, and sear both sides for about two minutes. Pour half of the white wine and allow to evaporate.
3. Remove shrimps, salad and garlic. Add clam juice to the pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow sauce to simmer for about five minutes.
4. In a large skillet, add remaining oil, one minced garlic clove, and cook over medium heat until the garlic is golden. Add mussels and clams, stir, add wine, and cover and steam for about five minutes. Reduce the heat, remove the cover, and, using tongs, transfer open clams and mussels into the sauce, discarding any mussels and clams that don’t open.
5. Pour carefully only half of the liquid that is released in the sauce, watching for sand at the bottom. Bring the sauce to a boil and add calamari, shrimp and scallops. Cook for three to five minutes and sprinkle the chopped parsley. Serve in a large bowl over angel hair pasta.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Spring Women's Conference with nat'l recording artist, Candy Pfeifer
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
2 2nd annual Glow Run
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
9 2nd annual DeBartolo Family Foundation All-In For ALS Casino Night
17 Women on Wheels 100
Author visits East County school
Students at Braden River Middle School learned about writing novels firsthand April 7, during a visit from novelist Lynda Mullaly Hunt.
Deputy visits women’s club
Manatee County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Alan Fifield lent his expertise on identity theft and cyber security to women in the Lakewood Ranch Women’s Club April 10.
Lakewood crowns students
Lakewood Ranch High School juniors Connor Jones and Kristen Mendez became school royalty March 31, after being named Mr. Mustang and Miss Lakewood Ranch.