Gecko’s Grill & Pub
Owners: Mike and Tonya Gowan, Mike and Mary Quillen and Brian Jantzen
Address : 7228 55th Ave., E., Bradenton (Twelve Oaks Plaza); and 4310 S.R. 64 E., Bradenton (Braden River Plaza)
Phone: Twelve Oaks, 727-8988; Braden River Plaza, 744-2664
Hours: 11 a.m. to midnight, Sunday through Wednesday; and 11 a.m. to 1 a.m., Thursday through Saturday
Known for: American pub food with a gourmet twist
Deluxe Chicken Panini
1 eight-ounce marinated fresh boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 Cup sautéed onions
1/4 Cup fresh spinach leaves
3 tomato slices
1 slice jack cheese
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 oz. chipotle mayo
2 slices garlic panini flatbread
1. Place 8-ounce chicken breast in Italian dressing. Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator for one to two hours.
2. Cook chicken breast on grill until internal temperature is 165 degrees for a minimum of 15 seconds.
3. Let chicken rest while preparing sandwich.
4. Mix together 1 Tbls. mayo and 1 teaspoon chipotle spice.
5. Spread chipotle mayo on both slices of garlic flatbread.
6. Sautee onions in butter or margarine until translucent and caramelized.
7. Place cheese slices on bread and add chicken breast.
8. Next, top with sautéed onions, tomatoes and spinach.
9. Close sandwich and place on panini or flatbread press (your George Foreman Press) until toasted. If press not available, then grill both sides of sandwich on grill until toasted.
11. Slice in half and serve with your favorite side.
Currently 0 Responses
24 Christmas Eve Family Service
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
24 Christmas Eve Traditional Service
9:30 pm - 11:30 am
25 Christmas Traditional Service
10:00 pm - 11:30 pm
12 Scramble for SPARCC
Food and fun
The Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance and its Young Leaders Alliance have something to talk about: the organizations collected 764 pounds of nonperishable food and $1,295 cash to benefit The Food Bank of Manatee/Meals on Wheels PLUS.
River Club’s Cheryl Kaufman says she’s still pinching herself.
A little “Ho! Ho! Ho!” can go a long way this holiday season.