Gecko’s Grill & Pub
Owners: Mike and Tonya Gowan, Mike and Mary Quillen and Brian Jantzen
Address : 7228 55th Ave., E., Bradenton (Twelve Oaks Plaza); and 4310 S.R. 64 E., Bradenton (Braden River Plaza)
Phone: Twelve Oaks, 727-8988; Braden River Plaza, 744-2664
Hours: 11 a.m. to midnight, Sunday through Wednesday; and 11 a.m. to 1 a.m., Thursday through Saturday
Known for: American pub food with a gourmet twist
Deluxe Chicken Panini
1 eight-ounce marinated fresh boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 Cup sautéed onions
1/4 Cup fresh spinach leaves
3 tomato slices
1 slice jack cheese
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 oz. chipotle mayo
2 slices garlic panini flatbread
1. Place 8-ounce chicken breast in Italian dressing. Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator for one to two hours.
2. Cook chicken breast on grill until internal temperature is 165 degrees for a minimum of 15 seconds.
3. Let chicken rest while preparing sandwich.
4. Mix together 1 Tbls. mayo and 1 teaspoon chipotle spice.
5. Spread chipotle mayo on both slices of garlic flatbread.
6. Sautee onions in butter or margarine until translucent and caramelized.
7. Place cheese slices on bread and add chicken breast.
8. Next, top with sautéed onions, tomatoes and spinach.
9. Close sandwich and place on panini or flatbread press (your George Foreman Press) until toasted. If press not available, then grill both sides of sandwich on grill until toasted.
11. Slice in half and serve with your favorite side.
Currently 0 Responses
12 LWRBA March Membership Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
12 March Membership Luncheon
15 Irish Celtic 5K, Lakewood Ranch
8:00 am - 10:00 am
15 Palma Sola Botanical Park plants, antiques and crafts sale
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
22 5th Annual Ponies for Pups
22 Lakewood Ranch Community Fund 'Havana Nights' Gala
23 The Bridal EXPO
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
26 LWRBA March Executive Briefing
7:30 am - 9:00 am
Daylight Saving Time starts 2 a.m. Sunday, so be sure to set your alarm accordingly.
The Tabernacle Christian School middle school student Lauren Medred, an East County resident, earned top vocal honors, taking first place in vocal solo female category of the Florida League of Christian School’s Festival of the Academics and Arts Feb. 28 and March 1 at Southeastern University in Lakeland.
Manatee County schools dominated a state technology competition with five of six top-three finishes earned by Manatee County schools during the 35th annual Technology Student Association State Competition late February.