Lakewood Ranch Town Hall employee Debbie Goss loves this meatloaf recipe because it’s quick and easy and reminds her of her childhood in Oklahoma.
“The green olives — it’s something my mom did when I was little,” Goss says. “Even (my) two kids love it. The Heinz 57 just adds a different taste to it.”
2 pounds hamburger meat
Heinz 57 sauce, to taste
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Large handful of normal-sized green olives, cut into halves
Sliced or shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. With your hands mix hamburger meat, eggs, Heinz 57, sat and pepper and green olives, and shape to look like a meatloaf. Place in glass baking dish.
3. Cover with tin foil.
4. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
5. Take tin foil off and bake 15 more minutes, to brown top.
6. Remove meatloaf from oven and top with cheese.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
1 Fine Arts & Crafts Extravaganza
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
6 Empty Bowls Luncheon at Main Street Lakewood Ranch
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
6 Celebrity Bartending Night
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
As ladies in the Lakewood Ranch Women’s Club walked into a Monte Carlo-themed Casino Night Oct. 23, at the Polo Grill and Bar, a Sean Connery-version of James Bond, dressed in a white tuxedo, took them by the arms, and posed for a picture.
Give, get a treat
Residents of Summerfield Glades have made it a Halloween tradition to gather at the driveway of Maggie White and pass out candy.
Fall back an hour
Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Nov. 2, so turn back those clocks before bedtime Saturday night.