Sabal Harbour couple rescued from house fire

 

Sabal Harbour couple rescued from house fire

 

Date: January 11, 2010
by: Pam Eubanks | News Editor

 
 

Two senior citizens were rescued from a structure fire just after 9 p.m. last night.

Upon arrival, two Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputies reported seeing flames and heavy smoke within the dwelling, a Manatee County Sheriff’s Office report states. The deputies entered the residence, and hearing a shout for help, located an elderly female lying in a hospital bed, which was on fire. One of the officers carried her outside. The other officer located her husband and removed him from the building. Another officer broke down the back door of the residence and removed the couple’s two cats.

The woman, who is not named in reports, was transported to the hospital due to smoke inhalation.

Southern Manatee Fire Rescue responded to the structure fire with the first of three units arriving in just four minutes, a Southern Manatee Fire Rescue report states.

The fire caused about $50,000 in damage.

The State Fire Marshall’s Office is assisting with the investigation.

Contact Pam Eubanks at peubanks@yourobserver.com.

 

SHARE
Login Register now

Currently 0 Responses

Login below to post a comment or click register.
Account E-Mail
Password
forgot password? click here
Speak Your Mind Below!

Classifieds

YourObserver
Subscribe to our eNewsletters
1970 Main Street, Sarasota, FL 34236 941-366-3468

Copyright 2014 The Observer Group Inc., All Rights Reserved