Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club resident Fred Lopez loves to entertain. When he does, he usually makes this filet mignon recipe.
“It’s easy to make and it’s fantastic to eat,” Lopez says. “Most of the people I cook it for love it.”
Lopez usually serves the dish with a baked potato and a side of grilled red peppers and asparagus.
Chef’s tip: Lopez said he loves blue cheese, particularly Rocquefort cheese, for this recipe, but you also can use gorgonzola or goat cheese.
Filet Mignon with Roquefort Cheese
4 (5-6 ounce) filet mignon steaks, each about one-inch thick
1 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small pot, combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Whisk together and then bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a syrup consistency, about 15 minutes.
3. Pre-heat broiler.
4. Sprinkle filet with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt butter in heavy stainless skillet.
5. Once skillet is hot, sear steaks about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet. Crumble Roquefort cheese over the steaks.
7. Broil steaks for about 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
8. Take steaks out of broiler and let stand for about 5 minutes.
9. Transfer steaks to plates and drizzle balsamic reduction over the steaks and serve.
Currently 0 Responses
11 Shoreline Church Launch
10:00 am - 11:30 am
12 Scramble for SPARCC
7 Manatee Audubon - OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
21 "Fall in Love with the Haven" 60th Anniversary Celebration
He's a swinging sensation
When Gus Andreone, 103, teed it up at the Lakes Course of Sarasota’s Palm-Aire Country Club, he expected to shoot under his age — he usually does.
'Excellent' mentors recognized
One East County teacher may officially be coined “excellent.”
Food and fun
The Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance and its Young Leaders Alliance have something to talk about: the organizations collected 764 pounds of nonperishable food and $1,295 cash to benefit The Food Bank of Manatee/Meals on Wheels PLUS.