Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club resident Fred Lopez loves to entertain. When he does, he usually makes this filet mignon recipe.
“It’s easy to make and it’s fantastic to eat,” Lopez says. “Most of the people I cook it for love it.”
Lopez usually serves the dish with a baked potato and a side of grilled red peppers and asparagus.
Chef’s tip: Lopez said he loves blue cheese, particularly Rocquefort cheese, for this recipe, but you also can use gorgonzola or goat cheese.
Filet Mignon with Roquefort Cheese
4 (5-6 ounce) filet mignon steaks, each about one-inch thick
1 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small pot, combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Whisk together and then bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a syrup consistency, about 15 minutes.
3. Pre-heat broiler.
4. Sprinkle filet with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt butter in heavy stainless skillet.
5. Once skillet is hot, sear steaks about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet. Crumble Roquefort cheese over the steaks.
7. Broil steaks for about 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
8. Take steaks out of broiler and let stand for about 5 minutes.
9. Transfer steaks to plates and drizzle balsamic reduction over the steaks and serve.
Currently 0 Responses
26 Tribute to Heroes Parade - Main St LWR
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
28 Braden River Soccer Club Try-outs
29 LWRBA May Membership Lunch
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
31 May YLA Breakfast "Legendary Leaders"
7:30 am - 9:00 am
Gullett student wins speech contest
Gullett Elementary School student Hailey Wahlers took home top honors May 11, after placing first in the Tropicana District Speech Contest.
Girl Scouts give cookies a new cause
Local Daisy Scouts from Troop 180 are helping Feeding Empty Little Tummies feed homeless school children in the area.
Dancing group to host fundraiser
Members of KC and the Sunshine Dancers, a group of Manatee County dancers ages 8 to 20, will show off their dancing skills in jazz, hip-hop and contemporary dance from 7 to 9 p.m. May 28, as the group holds a show titled "Breaking Ground."