Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club resident Fred Lopez loves to entertain. When he does, he usually makes this filet mignon recipe.
“It’s easy to make and it’s fantastic to eat,” Lopez says. “Most of the people I cook it for love it.”
Lopez usually serves the dish with a baked potato and a side of grilled red peppers and asparagus.
Chef’s tip: Lopez said he loves blue cheese, particularly Rocquefort cheese, for this recipe, but you also can use gorgonzola or goat cheese.
Filet Mignon with Roquefort Cheese
4 (5-6 ounce) filet mignon steaks, each about one-inch thick
1 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small pot, combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Whisk together and then bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a syrup consistency, about 15 minutes.
3. Pre-heat broiler.
4. Sprinkle filet with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt butter in heavy stainless skillet.
5. Once skillet is hot, sear steaks about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet. Crumble Roquefort cheese over the steaks.
7. Broil steaks for about 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
8. Take steaks out of broiler and let stand for about 5 minutes.
9. Transfer steaks to plates and drizzle balsamic reduction over the steaks and serve.
Currently 0 Responses
18 'Last Night Out' - Brides Against Breast Cancer Fundraiser
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
19 Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance June Executive Briefing - "Creating a Social Media policy at your place of business"
7:30 am - 9:00 am
20 Welcome Club of Sarasota/Manatee Luncheon
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
28 Regatta Pointe Marina River Regatta 2013
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Manatee students capture F1 in Schools championship
Four students recently returned to Manatee County with bragging rights.
OBITUARY: Randy Hedrick
East County residents are mourning the loss of local businessman and friend, Randy Hedrick, who died suddenly Tuesday, June 4, of a heart attack.
National Champs: Sarasota Crew Men's Varsity 8+ team
The Sarasota Crew Men's Varsity 8+ team won the gold medal June 7-9, at the 2013 USRowing Youth National Championships.