Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club resident Fred Lopez loves to entertain. When he does, he usually makes this filet mignon recipe.
“It’s easy to make and it’s fantastic to eat,” Lopez says. “Most of the people I cook it for love it.”
Lopez usually serves the dish with a baked potato and a side of grilled red peppers and asparagus.
Chef’s tip: Lopez said he loves blue cheese, particularly Rocquefort cheese, for this recipe, but you also can use gorgonzola or goat cheese.
Filet Mignon with Roquefort Cheese
4 (5-6 ounce) filet mignon steaks, each about one-inch thick
1 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small pot, combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Whisk together and then bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a syrup consistency, about 15 minutes.
3. Pre-heat broiler.
4. Sprinkle filet with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt butter in heavy stainless skillet.
5. Once skillet is hot, sear steaks about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet. Crumble Roquefort cheese over the steaks.
7. Broil steaks for about 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
8. Take steaks out of broiler and let stand for about 5 minutes.
9. Transfer steaks to plates and drizzle balsamic reduction over the steaks and serve.
Currently 0 Responses
16 USF Sarasota-Manatee HospitaBull Evening
17 Maundy Thursday Service
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
18 Good Friday Service
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
19 Good Friday Service
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Lakewood crowns students
Lakewood Ranch High School juniors Connor Jones and Kristen Mendez became school royalty March 31, after being named Mr. Mustang and Miss Lakewood Ranch.
MTI takes top awards
The Manatee Technical Institute Postsecondary Chapter of HOSA, formerly known as Health Occupations Students of America, dominated the Postsecondary-Collegiate Division at the HOSA State Leadership Conference April 3 through April 6, in Lake Buena Vista.
Schooled on Jazz
Students at Haile Middle School kept the audience’s toes tapping April 8, during the school’s Night of Jazz event.