Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club resident Fred Lopez loves to entertain. When he does, he usually makes this filet mignon recipe.
“It’s easy to make and it’s fantastic to eat,” Lopez says. “Most of the people I cook it for love it.”
Lopez usually serves the dish with a baked potato and a side of grilled red peppers and asparagus.
Chef’s tip: Lopez said he loves blue cheese, particularly Rocquefort cheese, for this recipe, but you also can use gorgonzola or goat cheese.
Filet Mignon with Roquefort Cheese
4 (5-6 ounce) filet mignon steaks, each about one-inch thick
1 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small pot, combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Whisk together and then bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a syrup consistency, about 15 minutes.
3. Pre-heat broiler.
4. Sprinkle filet with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt butter in heavy stainless skillet.
5. Once skillet is hot, sear steaks about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet. Crumble Roquefort cheese over the steaks.
7. Broil steaks for about 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
8. Take steaks out of broiler and let stand for about 5 minutes.
9. Transfer steaks to plates and drizzle balsamic reduction over the steaks and serve.
Currently 0 Responses
24 Lakewood Ranch Republican Luncheon
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
24 BOO Fest-Lakewood Ranch
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
25 Ellenton Sunday Market
28 Wine, Dine and Make a Difference
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Only 16 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.
Ranch women make visit to McCurdy’s
Members of the Lakewood Ranch Women’s Club enjoyed an fun-filled evening at McCurdy’s Comedy Theatre Sept. 24.
Girl Scout earns Silver Award
Cypress Potter recently earned her Girl Scout Silver Award, the highest award for Girl Scout cadets in grades sixth through eighth, from the Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida.