Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club resident Fred Lopez loves to entertain. When he does, he usually makes this filet mignon recipe.
“It’s easy to make and it’s fantastic to eat,” Lopez says. “Most of the people I cook it for love it.”
Lopez usually serves the dish with a baked potato and a side of grilled red peppers and asparagus.
Chef’s tip: Lopez said he loves blue cheese, particularly Rocquefort cheese, for this recipe, but you also can use gorgonzola or goat cheese.
Filet Mignon with Roquefort Cheese
4 (5-6 ounce) filet mignon steaks, each about one-inch thick
1 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small pot, combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Whisk together and then bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a syrup consistency, about 15 minutes.
3. Pre-heat broiler.
4. Sprinkle filet with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt butter in heavy stainless skillet.
5. Once skillet is hot, sear steaks about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet. Crumble Roquefort cheese over the steaks.
7. Broil steaks for about 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
8. Take steaks out of broiler and let stand for about 5 minutes.
9. Transfer steaks to plates and drizzle balsamic reduction over the steaks and serve.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Cooking Class: Crazy For Cookies
20 Cooking Class With California Cabernets
20 Ice on the Diamond
21 Gingerbread Houses
21 Ovation's Musical Theatre Holiday Revue
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
22 Gingerbread Houses
23 Cooking Class: Nuts About Holiday Cookies
24 Cooking Class: Crazy For Cookies
Coats for kids
Knights of Columbus Councils are helping children in need by providing coats to children in their communities through the order’s Coats for Kids program.
Santa and his elf made a surprise stop Dec. 13, at WineStyles, in San Marco Plaza, by Harley-Davidson motorcycle, during the store’s weekly Friday night wine-tasting event.
Members and guests of the Lakewood Ranch Women’s Club ventured Dec. 4 to Orlando, to view holiday decorations at the Grand Floridian and to have lunch at Downtown Disney.