Lakewood Ranch resident Matt Farhat likes to showcase his Lebanese heritage with his cooking. This recipe has been passed down from his family and can easily be adapted by adding chicken or feta cheese, for example.
•Full head iceburg or romaine lettuce, cored and chopped
• 1 or 2 tomatoes, diced
• 1 (hot house or seedless) cucumber, diced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon Lawrey's season salt
• 1 Tablespoon dried mint leaves
• 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
• 2 Tablespoon olive oil
• 3 Tablespoon lemon juice
• Red onion, optional
1. Put lettuce in bowl.
2. Add cucumbers and tomatoes.
3. Sprinkle dry seasonings evenly over lettuce.
4. Pour vinegars, lemon juice and olive oil evenly over lettuce. Use hands to mix thoroughly dressing evenly covers salad.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Cooking Class: Crazy For Cookies
20 Cooking Class With California Cabernets
20 Ice on the Diamond
21 Gingerbread Houses
21 Ovation's Musical Theatre Holiday Revue
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
22 Gingerbread Houses
23 Cooking Class: Nuts About Holiday Cookies
24 Cooking Class: Crazy For Cookies
Coats for kids
Knights of Columbus Councils are helping children in need by providing coats to children in their communities through the order’s Coats for Kids program.
Santa and his elf made a surprise stop Dec. 13, at WineStyles, in San Marco Plaza, by Harley-Davidson motorcycle, during the store’s weekly Friday night wine-tasting event.
Members and guests of the Lakewood Ranch Women’s Club ventured Dec. 4 to Orlando, to view holiday decorations at the Grand Floridian and to have lunch at Downtown Disney.