Lakewood Ranch resident Matt Farhat likes to showcase his Lebanese heritage with his cooking. This recipe has been passed down from his family and can easily be adapted by adding chicken or feta cheese, for example.
•Full head iceburg or romaine lettuce, cored and chopped
• 1 or 2 tomatoes, diced
• 1 (hot house or seedless) cucumber, diced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon Lawrey's season salt
• 1 Tablespoon dried mint leaves
• 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
• 2 Tablespoon olive oil
• 3 Tablespoon lemon juice
• Red onion, optional
1. Put lettuce in bowl.
2. Add cucumbers and tomatoes.
3. Sprinkle dry seasonings evenly over lettuce.
4. Pour vinegars, lemon juice and olive oil evenly over lettuce. Use hands to mix thoroughly dressing evenly covers salad.
Currently 0 Responses
31 Night of Light "Fall Farm Fest"
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
1 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
1 Fine Arts & Crafts Extravaganza
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
6 Empty Bowls Luncheon at Main Street Lakewood Ranch
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
As ladies in the Lakewood Ranch Women’s Club walked into a Monte Carlo-themed Casino Night Oct. 23, at the Polo Grill and Bar, a Sean Connery-version of James Bond, dressed in a white tuxedo, took them by the arms, and posed for a picture.
Give, get a treat
Residents of Summerfield Glades have made it a Halloween tradition to gather at the driveway of Maggie White and pass out candy.
Fall back an hour
Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Nov. 2, so turn back those clocks before bedtime Saturday night.