Gecko’s Grill & Pub
Owners: Mike and Tonya Gowan, Mike and Mary Quillen and Brian Jantzen
Address : 7228 55th Ave., E., Bradenton (Twelve Oaks Plaza); and 4310 S.R. 64 E., Bradenton (Braden River Plaza)
Phone: Twelve Oaks, 727-8988; Braden River Plaza, 744-2664
Hours: 11 a.m. to midnight, Sunday through Wednesday; and 11 a.m. to 1 a.m., Thursday through Saturday
Known for: American pub food with a gourmet twist
Deluxe Chicken Panini
1 eight-ounce marinated fresh boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 Cup sautéed onions
1/4 Cup fresh spinach leaves
3 tomato slices
1 slice jack cheese
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 oz. chipotle mayo
2 slices garlic panini flatbread
1. Place 8-ounce chicken breast in Italian dressing. Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator for one to two hours.
2. Cook chicken breast on grill until internal temperature is 165 degrees for a minimum of 15 seconds.
3. Let chicken rest while preparing sandwich.
4. Mix together 1 Tbls. mayo and 1 teaspoon chipotle spice.
5. Spread chipotle mayo on both slices of garlic flatbread.
6. Sautee onions in butter or margarine until translucent and caramelized.
7. Place cheese slices on bread and add chicken breast.
8. Next, top with sautéed onions, tomatoes and spinach.
9. Close sandwich and place on panini or flatbread press (your George Foreman Press) until toasted. If press not available, then grill both sides of sandwich on grill until toasted.
11. Slice in half and serve with your favorite side.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Lakewood Ranch Republican Club Luncheon
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
29 Manatee Forum Monthly Meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
23 Back to School Splash Bash
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
27 Health & Wellness Expo
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Fifty-year reunion offers payback
When Lakewood Ranch resident Thomas Newman returned to his alma mater for a 50th reunion, he took home more than memories.
Argosy launches Sigma Beta Delta
Argosy University Sarasota inducted 85 new members to its Sigma Beta Delta honorary business academic society during its first induction ceremony June 25.
Tennis pro earns honors
Palm-Aire Country Club Director of Tennis Greg High has scored big with the U.S. Professional Tennis Association.