To celebrate her 27th birthday, Whitney Prewitt cooked up a fabulous feast of lamb chops and orzo in her tajine. But no birthday would be complete without popping the cork off a bottle of prosecco and watching the bubbles fizz around her favorite summer treat — frozen grapes.
Her cooking tip: “I always have my trusty glass of wine — or in this case, prosecco — when cooking.”
Lamb chops with artichoke lemon parsley orzo
Serves two people
8 lamb chops
1/4 cup of parsley
4 artichoke hearts, halved
1 cup orzo
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Season lamb chops lightly on both sides. Slice lemons and halve artichokes.
2. Warm cast iron skillet (can also use tagine) on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Sear lamb chops four to six minutes on both sides.
4. Cook orzo according to package directions.
5. Remove lamb chops from skillet and do not drain. Add lemon and artichoke hearts to skillet. Sauté and stir on low heat for one to two minutes. Add parsley and continue sautéing for two to three additional minutes.
6. Add orzo to pan and stir.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contact Loren Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
13 Founder's Talk & Tea
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
13 Paris Flea Market - An Upscale Sale
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
13 Mozart Madness 1
13 Fuzion Dance Artists Presents "Dance Couture: Art Meets Dance"
7:30 pm - 2:00 pm
14 The Fine Arts Society of Sarasota Presents Their Creators & Collectors Art & Studio Tour
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
14 The Fine Arts Society of Sarasota Presents Their 2014 Creators & Collectors Self-Guided Art & Studio Tour
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
14 Paris Flea Market - An Upscale Sale
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
14 Paradise in Season: New Works by Beverly A. Smith, Vladislav Yeliseyev and Joseph Palmerio
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Daylight Saving Time starts 2 a.m. Sunday, so be sure to set your alarm accordingly.
The Tabernacle Christian School middle school student Lauren Medred, an East County resident, earned top vocal honors, taking first place in vocal solo female category of the Florida League of Christian School’s Festival of the Academics and Arts Feb. 28 and March 1 at Southeastern University in Lakeland.
Manatee County schools dominated a state technology competition with five of six top-three finishes earned by Manatee County schools during the 35th annual Technology Student Association State Competition late February.