Layla Copeland juggles two careers: co-owner of Serving Spoon and a designer of handmade handbags and clothes. Learn more about her in our candid Q&A.
1. COMFY COZY: The first thing Layla Copeland ever sewed was a pillow. “A gigantic tropical pillow,” Copeland says, chuckling. “My mom was kind enough to put the hideous thing on the couch for years.”
2. CANINE COMPANION: Copeland adores her dog, Coconut. “I have a fantastic dog,” she says of the old white Siberian Husky.
3. PLAYING WITH DOLLS: Copeland began making dolls after her best friend had a baby. The child enjoyed the fabrics, colors and textures, inspiring Copeland to make more.
4. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Copeland said her favorite part of owning a restaurant is talking with customers. “I’ve made good friends from people coming in over the years,” she said.
5. SEAMSTRESS: Besides making purses, Copeland also enjoys designing her own clothes. “I make dresses for myself,” Copeland said. “I do sell them, but I only make certain sizes — essentially my size.”
Currently 0 Responses
22 Sunsets at Selby
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
22 'Dancing in the Street'
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
23 Perlman Music Program/Suncoast Emerging Artists Performance Series Reception & Performance
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
24 "Jazz at Two" with the Ken Loomer Quartet
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
On the calendar
It’s time for feasting on candy and family fun.
Merchants on Lakewood Ranch Main Street continue to mourn the surprising loss of fellow business owner Rebekah Hatmaker, co-owner of Serendipity Boutique.
Ticket sales for the Rotary Club of Lakewood Ranch’s first Uncorked food-and-wine pairing fundraiser have begun, and so has a chance to win a one-karat diamond.