Layla Copeland juggles two careers: co-owner of Serving Spoon and a designer of handmade handbags and clothes. Learn more about her in our candid Q&A.
1. COMFY COZY: The first thing Layla Copeland ever sewed was a pillow. “A gigantic tropical pillow,” Copeland says, chuckling. “My mom was kind enough to put the hideous thing on the couch for years.”
2. CANINE COMPANION: Copeland adores her dog, Coconut. “I have a fantastic dog,” she says of the old white Siberian Husky.
3. PLAYING WITH DOLLS: Copeland began making dolls after her best friend had a baby. The child enjoyed the fabrics, colors and textures, inspiring Copeland to make more.
4. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Copeland said her favorite part of owning a restaurant is talking with customers. “I’ve made good friends from people coming in over the years,” she said.
5. SEAMSTRESS: Besides making purses, Copeland also enjoys designing her own clothes. “I make dresses for myself,” Copeland said. “I do sell them, but I only make certain sizes — essentially my size.”
Currently 0 Responses
30 Artist Program & Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
1 Perlman Music Program/Suncoast The Art of the Violin Gallery Showings
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2 SPIRIT VOICES FROM OLD MANATEE - Season IV
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
5 Fall Music Series
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Vitale accepts donation
Lakewood Ranch resident and ESPN Hall-of-Famer Dick Vitale on Sept. 9 received a $85,000 donation for the fight against cancer from Craig and JoEllen Mettille, of 380 Cos.
Prizes now offered for weather contest!
Starting in October, the Observer will now offer prizes for winners of the weather photo contest, sponsored by Manasota Flooring Inc.
Cardinal Mooney alumni plan reunion
Did you go to Cardinal Mooney in 1964? Your former classmates are calling for you!