Layla Copeland juggles two careers: co-owner of Serving Spoon and a designer of handmade handbags and clothes. Learn more about her in our candid Q&A.
1. COMFY COZY: The first thing Layla Copeland ever sewed was a pillow. “A gigantic tropical pillow,” Copeland says, chuckling. “My mom was kind enough to put the hideous thing on the couch for years.”
2. CANINE COMPANION: Copeland adores her dog, Coconut. “I have a fantastic dog,” she says of the old white Siberian Husky.
3. PLAYING WITH DOLLS: Copeland began making dolls after her best friend had a baby. The child enjoyed the fabrics, colors and textures, inspiring Copeland to make more.
4. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Copeland said her favorite part of owning a restaurant is talking with customers. “I’ve made good friends from people coming in over the years,” she said.
5. SEAMSTRESS: Besides making purses, Copeland also enjoys designing her own clothes. “I make dresses for myself,” Copeland said. “I do sell them, but I only make certain sizes — essentially my size.”
Currently 0 Responses
26 SILL Music Monday
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
26 Sarasota Concert Association: The 2015 Great Performers Series of concerts continues with the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, performing "Folk Inspirations"
26 The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center with Cellist David Finckel in â��Folk Inspirationsâ��
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
29 EXPERIENCE THE SARASOTA OPERA
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Love a little cookie slathered in caramel, chocolate and coconut?
Manatee County’s Conservatory Park has a new attraction — a Little Free Library.
All teed up
Neal Communities is adding a little swing to B.D. Gullett Elementary School’s Neal Communities Golf Challenge.