Layla Copeland juggles two careers: co-owner of Serving Spoon and a designer of handmade handbags and clothes. Learn more about her in our candid Q&A.
1. COMFY COZY: The first thing Layla Copeland ever sewed was a pillow. “A gigantic tropical pillow,” Copeland says, chuckling. “My mom was kind enough to put the hideous thing on the couch for years.”
2. CANINE COMPANION: Copeland adores her dog, Coconut. “I have a fantastic dog,” she says of the old white Siberian Husky.
3. PLAYING WITH DOLLS: Copeland began making dolls after her best friend had a baby. The child enjoyed the fabrics, colors and textures, inspiring Copeland to make more.
4. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Copeland said her favorite part of owning a restaurant is talking with customers. “I’ve made good friends from people coming in over the years,” she said.
5. SEAMSTRESS: Besides making purses, Copeland also enjoys designing her own clothes. “I make dresses for myself,” Copeland said. “I do sell them, but I only make certain sizes — essentially my size.”
Currently 0 Responses
31 Artist Series Concerts of Sarasota presents Adrian Anantawan, Violin and Amy Yang, Piano
31 I'VE GOT A LITTLE TWIST - New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
1 Masterworks Series: Enigma
2 SILL Music Monday
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Sights for stripes
Braden River High School’s Jasmine Stanton knew just what to do when this year’s Manatee County Fair’s diary costume contest came around.
Since it sprouted about two months ago, Lakewood Ranch Main Street’s first edible garden continues to grow.
Love a little cookie slathered in caramel, chocolate and coconut?