TGIF: Get your Clean On
Posted September 7, 2012 at 2:00 pm
by Danae DeShazer« back to blog main page
It's Friday. [riotous applause and uproarious cheers]
And you know what that means? It's the weekend. Three nights and two full days of time spent the way you'd like to.
Most of the time, I look forward to the weekend (when I'm not involved in a super time-consuming extra curricular activity) because I can catch up on "me" stuff. Things like laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, relaxing, reading, girly stuff, cooking, crafting, DIY, sunshine, and pool time (or beach time).
Although I don't have carpet in my home (tile all the way!), I suspect some of you out there have fluffy fibers on the floors of your house/apartment/studio/bungalow/trailer/
For your TGIF Recipe of the Week, I'm giving you a little kick in your domestic booty: a homemade remedy for cleaning those hard-to-get-clean spots in your carpet!
Spickety-Span Homemade Carpet Cleaner
[from Jennifer Jafarzadeh on RealSimple.com]
There are four "solutions" -- Detergent, Vinegar, Solvent, or Ammonia -- and different "recipes" depending on if you have Synthetic Carpet or Natural Fiber Carpet. Read below for your best bets!
For Synthetic Carpets:
Dip a white cloth into these solutions and apply to the stain. Never pour directly on the carpet!
- Detergent solution: Mix 1/4 teaspoon of a translucent liquid dishwashing detergent, such as Dawn or Joy, into one cup of lukewarm water.
- Vinegar solution: Mix one cup of white vinegar with two cups of water.
- Solvent solution: Use an oil solvent. Or substitute nail-polish remover, such as Cutex Quick & Gentle non-acetone polish remover.
For Natural FIber Carpets:
Place these solutions (except the solvent) in spray bottles and mist them lightly on the stain.
- Detergent solution: Mix one teaspoon of translucent liquid dishwashing detergent, such as Dawn or Joy, into 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Vinegar solution: Mix 1/4 cup of white vinegar with 1/4 cup of water.
- Ammonia solution: Mix one tablespoon of clear household ammonia with 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Solvent solution: Same as for synthetic carpets (see above).
Now you can put these solutions into action, according to Real Simple's super-simple guide. No matter the stain, they've got a suggestion for you!
And if this was like reading a foreign language, no problemo. Supreme Carpet Care is the company you can count on -- they are competent, reliable, and thorough. Before September 30, you can get 5 rooms of carpet cleaned for $99!
Currently 0 Responses
City Commission to consider lift station design
On Monday, the City Commission will decide whether to approve the proposed site plan for the Lift Station 87 building at Luke Wood Park.
Businesses say 'thank you' with sweet treats
Premier Sotheby’s International Realty on Lakewood Ranch Main Street and Michael Saunders & Co. on Lakewood Ranch Boulevard offered complimentary desserts throughout the afternoon Nov. 26.
Lakewood Ranch Town Hall closed
Normal government hours resume Monday, Dec. 1.
Sunset photo chosen for statewide calendar
A photo taken of the Fort Hamer Park by Manatee County employee Jonathan Sabin was chosen for the cover of the Florida Association of Counties 2015 calendar.
28 WSLR Hand-Cranked Festival: Day 1
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
29 WSLR Hand-Cranked Festival: Day 2
29 Light Up Siesta Village and Holiday Parade
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm