TGIF: Fish Friday goes all "Meat & Potatoes"
Posted August 24, 2012 at 11:00 am
by Danae DeShazer« back to blog main page
So, everyone (I mean, I can only assume) in Florida is fretting or trying not to fret about potentially-scary-Hurricane-Isaac. Personally, I'm not too worried. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me in the you-know-what.
But, hunkering down and hiding from the bad weather made me think about comfort food. My comfort food is mac & cheese, but many folks turn to a big meal like meat & potatoes.
So, today for Fish Friday, I've got a twist on your regular hearty fare!
Mustard Salmon & Potatoes
• 1 pound red potatoes (about 10), washed, dried, and halved
• 1 medium yellow zucchini, large diced
(Real Simple used button mushrooms. Feel free to use a variety of veggies to your liking!)
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 4 salmon fillets (6-8 oz. per fillet), skin removed
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
• 1 tsp honey
• 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
• kosher salt & black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes, zucchini (or other veggies) with 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper.
2. Roast, tossing once, until potatoes begin to soften, about 20 min.
3. Push veggies to edges of pan and place salmon in center. Season with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
4. Roast until salmon is opaque throughout and potatoes are golden brown, 12 to 15 min.
5. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, parsley, and remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
6. Drizzle sauce over salmon and veggies before serving.
Nutrition: (Serving size: 4)
Photo by Kan Kanbayashi - Real Simple
For the freshest salmon around, check out the Lotsa Lobster New England Seafood Market at 8780 S. Tamiami Trail in South Sarasota, FL. Call ahead at (941) 918-CLAW or check them out online here.
'LIKE' us on Facebook for your chance to win $50 to Lotsa Lobster! It's like, the best giveaway since sliced bread.
Currently 0 Responses
North end will receive some sand
The town of Longboat Key has been working with WCIND and Manatee County to receive sand dredged from the boat channel near Longboat Pass.
Sarasota Memorial begins work on pedestrian bridge
The hospital is undergoing construction, as crews have begun to install a 25,400-pound pedestrian bridge linking buildings on Arlington Street.
Boaters' Coalition says no to Big Pass dredge
On Saturday the group joined a growing chorus of opposition to the Army Corps project, injecting for the first time in the debate the voice of stakeholders not focused on Siesta Key.
Observer debate takes place at 7 p.m. tonight
All four Longboat Key Town Commission candidates will attend tonight’s debate at Bayfront Park Recreation Center.
11 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
11 Girls Inc Custom Pendant Auction
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
11 Celebration Luncheon Launch Party and Designer Meet and Greet
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
12 3rd annual Leadership Luncheon
11:30 am - 2:00 pm
12 LWRBA March Membership Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
12 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
12 March Membership Luncheon
12 'An Evening at Casino Royale'