TGIF: Fish Friday goes all "Meat & Potatoes"
Posted August 24, 2012 at 11:00 am
by Danae DeShazer« back to blog main page
So, everyone (I mean, I can only assume) in Florida is fretting or trying not to fret about potentially-scary-Hurricane-Isaac. Personally, I'm not too worried. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me in the you-know-what.
But, hunkering down and hiding from the bad weather made me think about comfort food. My comfort food is mac & cheese, but many folks turn to a big meal like meat & potatoes.
So, today for Fish Friday, I've got a twist on your regular hearty fare!
Mustard Salmon & Potatoes
• 1 pound red potatoes (about 10), washed, dried, and halved
• 1 medium yellow zucchini, large diced
(Real Simple used button mushrooms. Feel free to use a variety of veggies to your liking!)
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 4 salmon fillets (6-8 oz. per fillet), skin removed
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
• 1 tsp honey
• 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
• kosher salt & black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes, zucchini (or other veggies) with 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper.
2. Roast, tossing once, until potatoes begin to soften, about 20 min.
3. Push veggies to edges of pan and place salmon in center. Season with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
4. Roast until salmon is opaque throughout and potatoes are golden brown, 12 to 15 min.
5. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, parsley, and remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
6. Drizzle sauce over salmon and veggies before serving.
Nutrition: (Serving size: 4)
Photo by Kan Kanbayashi - Real Simple
For the freshest salmon around, check out the Lotsa Lobster New England Seafood Market at 8780 S. Tamiami Trail in South Sarasota, FL. Call ahead at (941) 918-CLAW or check them out online here.
'LIKE' us on Facebook for your chance to win $50 to Lotsa Lobster! It's like, the best giveaway since sliced bread.
Currently 0 Responses
PHOTO GALLERY: First Responders Community Day
Evangel Baptist Church hosted a First Responders Community Day today. The event featured representatives of Florida Fish and Wildlife, the fire department and other organizations.
PHOTO GALLERY: B.D. Gullett Golf Tourney
Parents of children at B.D. Gullett Elementary School golfed the University Park Country Club golf course to raise funds for the school.
PHOTO GALLERY: YPG cleans up Overlook Park
The Sarasota Young Professionals Group met to help clean up Overlook Park and Quick Point Nature Preserve on Sept. 20.
PHOTO GALLERY: Sarasota Manatee Heart Walk
Runners and walkers alike came out to support the American Heart Association Heart Walk for Sarasota/Manatee at Payne Park, Sept. 20.
24 Food Fight
6:00 am - 11:00 pm
24 "Smart, Sassy, Strong & Classy!" Women's Gala & Speed Networking Event
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
24 Sunsets at Selby
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
25 Mindful Practice