TGIF: Fish Friday goes all "Meat & Potatoes"
Posted August 24, 2012 at 11:00 am
by Danae DeShazer« back to blog main page
So, everyone (I mean, I can only assume) in Florida is fretting or trying not to fret about potentially-scary-Hurricane-Isaac. Personally, I'm not too worried. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me in the you-know-what.
But, hunkering down and hiding from the bad weather made me think about comfort food. My comfort food is mac & cheese, but many folks turn to a big meal like meat & potatoes.
So, today for Fish Friday, I've got a twist on your regular hearty fare!
Mustard Salmon & Potatoes
• 1 pound red potatoes (about 10), washed, dried, and halved
• 1 medium yellow zucchini, large diced
(Real Simple used button mushrooms. Feel free to use a variety of veggies to your liking!)
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 4 salmon fillets (6-8 oz. per fillet), skin removed
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
• 1 tsp honey
• 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
• kosher salt & black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes, zucchini (or other veggies) with 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper.
2. Roast, tossing once, until potatoes begin to soften, about 20 min.
3. Push veggies to edges of pan and place salmon in center. Season with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
4. Roast until salmon is opaque throughout and potatoes are golden brown, 12 to 15 min.
5. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, parsley, and remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
6. Drizzle sauce over salmon and veggies before serving.
Nutrition: (Serving size: 4)
Photo by Kan Kanbayashi - Real Simple
For the freshest salmon around, check out the Lotsa Lobster New England Seafood Market at 8780 S. Tamiami Trail in South Sarasota, FL. Call ahead at (941) 918-CLAW or check them out online here.
'LIKE' us on Facebook for your chance to win $50 to Lotsa Lobster! It's like, the best giveaway since sliced bread.
Currently 0 Responses
Mote founder Genie Clark dies at 92
Eugenie Clark was affectionately known as the ‘Shark Lady’ for her research.
County administrator boasts 2014 accomplishments
Manatee County Administrator Ed Hunzeker discussed a range of local government accomplishments in his Annual Report to County Commissioners Feb. 24.
Deputies arrest alleged Pinecraft prowler
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has charged 29-year-old Stephon Parker with incident exposure after several incidents in the Pinecraft community.
PHOTO GALLERY: Seaplace Italian Night
Residents of Seaplace were whisked to Italy on Feb. 25 at an Italian dinner. Ninety guests were given Bolognese pasta with gourmet meatballs and sausage.
27 Daughters For Life Gala Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
27 Silver Lining Luncheon
27 Lakewood Ranch Republican Club Luncheon
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
27 24th annual Sarasota Ballet Gala - Balanchine, Ashton & Nureyev