The Bradenton Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (BACVB) announce Monday that Whitney Beach on Longboat Key recently received Blue Wave certification from the Clean Beaches Coalition.
With this designation, Whitney Beach, located on the north end of the Key, becomes the sixth beach in the Bradenton, Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key area to receive the recognition.
According to the Clean Beaches Coalition, the Blue Wave program is the first national environmental certification program designed to help maintain robust, healthy and vibrant beaches. Blue Wave beaches and destinations represent the complete eco-coastal experience, and actively promote and embrace the following principles underlying the Blue Wave Ethics:
• Leave no trace (what you carry in, carry out)
• Move your body (walk, run or swim)
• Don’t tread the dunes (use a walkover or walk-thru)
• Know your limits (swim, surf and boat safely)
• You are what you eat (eat healthy seafood)
• Feed your mind (read a book)
• Respect the Ocean (riptides, storms, natural resources)
Anna Maria Beach, Holmes Beach, Manatee Beach, Cortez Beach and Coquina Beach round out the list of Blue Wave certified beaches in the Bradenton, Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key area.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at [email protected].