Volunteers all over the country will participate in the Great American Cleanup 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 27 to beautify and improve the community.
An estimated 800 volunteers from all over Sarasota County have registered to participate in The Great American Clean Up and will be scattered throughout 20 locations around Sarasota to beautify and clean up the community.
Keep Sarasota County Beautiful has been an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, Inc., for almost 25 years and participates in the nation wide cleanup every year. Keep America Beautiful, In., is a nationwide cleanup program and the nation’s premier liter prevention education program.
The county recommends for interested community members to sign up online at scgov.net. Volunteers can choose which neighborhood they would like to volunteer at and a list of cleanup sites is listed below. Participants can expect to pick up cigarette butts, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, paper and trash. The county will provide t – shirts, bags, water and gloves to the first 1,000 people to register.
To register your group and volunteer, call 861-5000 or visit www.scgov.net, keyword search: Keep Sarasota County Beautiful.
Keep Sarasota County Beautiful’s Great American Cleanup Locations:
• Bee Ridge ParkCentennial ParkColonial Oaks ParkEdwards Islands (Big and Little) Ken Thompson Park
• Newtown Estates ParkNorth Lido BeachPotter ParkSiesta Beach and Beach Accesses (#2 – 11)
• Ted Sperling Park at South Lido Beach Turtle Beach Park
• Laurel Park and Sandra Simms Terry Community Center
• Nokomis Beach Park Nokomis Community Park North Jetty Park
• Venice Area
• Shamrock Park and Nature Center Venice BeachWoodmere Park and Paw Park
• Englewood Area
• Blind Pass Beach Park Englewood Recreation Center Manasota Beach Park