The installation of new traffic light control devices throughout Sarasota County, known as Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) Phase 1, will continue through the end of 2011 and will inevitably cause some traffic delays in the city and throughout the county.
A total of 123 intersections throughout the county will be impacted, with possible delays in the coordination of traffic signals. Cabinets will be switched out at the following locations:
• University Parkway from Airport Circle to Interstate 75 east
• U.S. 41 from Woodmere Park Boulevard to General Spaatz Boulevard
• Fruitville Road from Cocoanut Avenue to I-74 east
• Clark Road from Gulf Gate Mall Drive to I-75 east
• Venice Avenue from Grove Street to Auburn Road
• State Road 776 from Virginia Court to Jacaranda Boulevard
• John Ringling Boulevard at Sunset Drive
This week, workers are making adjustments to the signals at intersections throughout the county.
Other work associated with this project includes conduit installation and fiber installation to forge a countywide network of intersections that will link to the Manatee County Traffic Control Center. The conduit and fiber installations will be done during the day. There may be delays and disruption in the coordination of signals during installation; However, these will be corrected as the contractor moves along a corridor.
Phase 1 is expected to be complete in spring 2012.
For more information contact Sarasota County Communications at 861-5000.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.