The Polo Grill and Bar
Owners: Tommy and Jaymie Klauber
Hours: Open for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and for dinner from 5:30-10 p.m., daily. Lounge is open from 4:30 p.m. to close Monday through Saturday.
Known for: American cuisine with a global soul
1 3/4 pounds sea bass or flounder fillets
1 red onion, very finely sliced
1/2 red aji limo chile, chopped very fine
1/2 yellow aji limo chile, chopped very fine
16 key limes, juice of
1 ear corn on the cob, boiled and cut into rounds (choclo variety is traditional if you can find it)
Boiled sweet potato (camote variety is traditional)
1. Cut fish into bite-size pieces and mix with onion in large bowl.
2. Wash onion and fish; drain well.
3. Season with salt and aji limo.
4. Toss fish preparation quickly in lime juice.
5. Refresh with a coupe of ice cubes. Mix well and remove ice before it has a chance to melt.
6. Serve ceviche immediately in a deep dish. Accompany with boiled sweet potato, corn and lettuce.