Restaurant: Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Address: 412 Gulf of Mexico Dr.
Hours: Serving lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday; closed Sunday
Owners: Cindy and Eric Hammersand
Date established: 1989
What they're known for: A local favorite, Dry Dock serves fresh and consistent food in a relaxed and casual atmosphere
4 ounces shrimp base
2 gallons water
1 colosal onion
3 pieces of celery
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 pieces of bay leaf
8 ounces tomato base
1. Place ingredients in a stock pot and boil until reduced by half.
2. Strain liquid into separate container
3. Add the following ingredients to liquid:
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon white pepper
6 ounces shrimp brown seasoning
1 quart heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
4. Combine in a stock pot and cook on medium heat for fifteen minutes.
5. Add 3 ounces cooked shrimp (chopped, peeled & devained) per serving.
6. Add roux to thicken.
1/2 pound unsalted butter
1. Heat butter until melted and add flour slowly.
2. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
Contact Maria Amodio at [email protected]