The State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating a Jan. 14 fire at the Colonial Grand apartment complex that left one woman dead.
Lakewood Ranch resident Ann Clive was badly burned in the fire in her first-floor apartment and later died from her injuries while at the Regional Burn Center at Tampa General Hospital.
Fire Marshal Public Information Officer Deborah Cox said an investigator from her organization arrived on scene around 5 a.m.
“The investigation is ongoing,” Cox said. “There was no real structural damage. It was mainly superficial damage from the fire (to the building).”