Lakewood Ranch resident Matt Farhat likes to showcase his Lebanese heritage with his cooking. This recipe has been passed down from his family and can easily be adapted by adding chicken or feta cheese, for example.
•Full head iceburg or romaine lettuce, cored and chopped
• 1 or 2 tomatoes, diced
• 1 (hot house or seedless) cucumber, diced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon Lawrey's season salt
• 1 Tablespoon dried mint leaves
• 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
• 2 Tablespoon olive oil
• 3 Tablespoon lemon juice
• Red onion, optional
1. Put lettuce in bowl.
2. Add cucumbers and tomatoes.
3. Sprinkle dry seasonings evenly over lettuce.
4. Pour vinegars, lemon juice and olive oil evenly over lettuce. Use hands to mix thoroughly dressing evenly covers salad.