Lakewood Ranch Town Hall employee Debbie Goss loves this meatloaf recipe because it’s quick and easy and reminds her of her childhood in Oklahoma.
“The green olives — it’s something my mom did when I was little,” Goss says. “Even (my) two kids love it. The Heinz 57 just adds a different taste to it.”
2 pounds hamburger meat
Heinz 57 sauce, to taste
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Large handful of normal-sized green olives, cut into halves
Sliced or shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. With your hands mix hamburger meat, eggs, Heinz 57, sat and pepper and green olives, and shape to look like a meatloaf. Place in glass baking dish.
3. Cover with tin foil.
4. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
5. Take tin foil off and bake 15 more minutes, to brown top.
6. Remove meatloaf from oven and top with cheese.