Personal trainer and Sarasota resident Colleen Yuskaitis enjoys preparing foods to provide fuel for an active lifestyle. This week, Yuskaitis shares a quick and easy recipe for a vegan-friendly, high-protein snack that you can take on the go.
Date and nut clusters
• Equal parts dates and walnuts
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• shredded coconut
• agave nectar to taste (optional)
• cocoa powder to taste (optional)
1. Pit dates and blend lightly in food processor
2. Add salt, walnuts and any optional ingredients to taste.
3. Form blended mixture into balls and roll in shredded coconut