1. Spiegel's family didn't know that he and Milly had already become engaged when they gave them permission to get married.
2. Milly managed Boots and Bags while Bert did the buying.
3. Love and Quiches was one of the first restaurants in the area to ban smoking. Spiegel didn't want to be around smoke.
4. Spiegel is great with a sewing machine, and he taught himself how to sew dresses and make hot pants.
5. Spiegel has been painting since he was 16 and, in the past, has taken a few courses at Ringling College.
Click here to read "Neighbors: I. Bert Spiegel"