The Longboat Key Town Commission will consider options for a new town attorney tonight at its 7 p.m. regular meeting at Town Hall.
Commissioners will review a list of five candidates tonight as Town Manager Dave Bullock seeks guidance on how to review the candidates before making a final decision.
Candidates include Maggie D. Mooney-Portale of Sarasota-based Hankin, Persson, McClenathen, Cohen & Darnell; Charles H. Webb of Holmes Beach-based Webb, Wells & Williams; Robert K. Robinson of Sarasota-based Nelson Hesse; and Susan Churuti of Tampa-based Bryant Miller Olive.
Longboat Key town attorney Dave Persson was named the new attorney for the city of Venice Tuesday, Jan. 22.
Persson resigned in December after more than 22 years of service as Longboat Key’s town attorney.
While Persson has agreed to stay on as the town’s attorney through June, he’s hoping to make the transition to Venice as soon as the town finds a replacement.
Also at its regular meeting tonight, commissioners will:
• A request by the town manager to change the Goals & Objectives Workshop date from April 15 to May 20.
Consider forwarding to its April 15 special meeting on second reading:
• An ordinance that amends the makeup of the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
Consider forwarding to its May 6 regular meeting on second reading:
• An ordinance that adopts a revised 10-year water supply plan.
• An ordinance that provides for a 3% wage increase for non-union represented general and police department employees.
• An ordinance that would make parking changes in Longbeach Village permanent.
• An ordinance that provides for a 3% wage increase for other non-union represented employees.
• A resolution that would amend the Comprehensive Plan and allow T-6 (six tourism units per acre) properties to apply for an additional story as part of a site plan process.
• A resolution that will continue the work of the finance committee.
For more information on tonight’s meeting, check www.yourobserver.com for updates and pick up a copy of Thursday’s April 4 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.