The Longboat Key Town Commission, at the request of Mayor Lee Rothenberg, will discuss potential changes to its Comprehensive Plan at its regular worksho at 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 18.
Also at the workshop, the commission will review a revised golf agreement and open space agreement at 2:30 p.m., which need to be modified as part of the Longboat Key Club and Resort’s Islandside renovation-and-expansion project.
The commission also will consider a request by Harry’s Continental Kitchens for additional outdoor dining seats at a 1:30 p.m. special meeting Thursday.
Also at its workshop this afternoon at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
Consider forwarding to its Monday, March 1 regular meeting for formal action:
• A proposed resolution that provides for a rate decrease for Longboat Key citizens effective April 1 for trash pick-up costs.
• A proposed resolution that would reimburse Longbeach Village $2,400 to relocate peacocks.
• A proposed resolution that would establish a no parking area adjacent to the entrance and exit areas of Town Hall.
• Amendments to a state statute that create a conflict with an existing town ordinance addressing the anchoring and mooring of boats.
• A report given by the police chief regarding the potential use for a license plate recognition system on Longboat Key.
• A request by the town manager that a commissioner be appointed to serve as a liaison to the West Coast Inland Navigation District.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.