The Longboat Key Town Commission will review a report and recommendations from a citizen committee known as the Wireless Workgroup at its regular workshop today at Town Hall.
The group, which formed a few months ago to vet cellular alternatives, is expected to present their findings and recommendations to the commission.
Also at is regular meeting, commissioners will:
• A Florida Power & Light plan to install new electrical poles Key-wide that can withstand strong hurricane winds.
• Proposed changes to the town code purchasing procedures.
• A draft ordinance being considered by Sarasota County to curtail solicitation in public rights-of-way.
Forward to their June 2 regular meeting for formal action:
• A resolution that gives the town manager emergency authorization during emergencies like hurricanes if the commission can’t obtain a quorum to hold a special meeting.
• Resolutions that provide for beach project funding, Longboat Pass dredging and an inlet management plan funding project with Manatee County.
For more information, check www.yourobserver.com for updates and pick up a copy of this week’s Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at [email protected].