The Longboat Key Town Commission is expected to ratify a three-year contract with its police department at its regular meeting at 7 p.m. tonight at Town Hall.
Also at its meeting the commission will consider:
Forwarded to its Monday, Nov. 1 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that transfers $208,815.49 to the beach capital projects fund, which will close a special revenue account that’s no longer needed.
• An ordinance that provides consistency for public hearings notices and advertisements that deal with land use matters.
• An ordinance that ensures the town’s elections schedule complies with new Legislature requirements.
• A resolution that allows the town to pay $46,725 in unanticipated Islandside public hearing expenses by using commission contingency funds.
• A resolution that adopts the current version of the Sarasota County Local Mitigation Strategy, which enables the town to be eligible for post disaster mitigation grant funds.
• A 2010-11 holiday schedule for town employees.
• New members to its Firefighter Retirement System Board of Trustees, General Employees Retirement System Board of Trustees, Police Officer Retirement System Board of Trustees and the Sarasota County Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.