The Sarasota City Commission chose to stick with the two-hour parking program time frame from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and make those the uniform parking hours for all of the downtown parking enforcement spaces.
It will cost the city $2,550 to modify existing signs and install 170 new signs.
A parking advisory committee to discuss ways to further enhance the parking program is also moving forward.
The commission also:
• The Community Redevelopment Agency’s annual financial report for the fiscal year ending Sept. 30, 2011.
• A presentation by the Business Ethics Alliance of Southwest Florida.
• That two developers can move forward on negotiations with two hotel proposals for the Palm Avenue hotel site after both developers agreed to pay for the site outright.
• An adjustment application regarding electronic signage for Crime Stoppers at 2000 Main Street.
• The inventory of city-owned real estate parcels.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at [email protected].