The Longboat Key Town Commission will decide what to do with road signs along Gulf of Mexico Drive at its regular workshop today.
Thirty-two of the 59 signs the Florida Department of Transportation has recommended for removal are bicycle signs and several bicyclists are upset with the recommendation.
Also at its regular workshop and special meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
• A three-year renewal agreement with the town and FDOT regarding mowing and litter collection on Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• A presentation from the Longboat Library Board, regarding suggestions and concerns for the library’s maintenance and general upkeep.
• A presentation from Sarasota Bay Watch, which is seeking a partnership with the town regarding a proposal to “adopt” Sister Keys for organized clean-ups.
• Methods used by local island municipalities to address nuisance/animal control issues.
• The possibility of creating an economic development committee for Longboat Key.
• A request by Collier-Walker Real Estate Holdings Ltd. to change the name of Triton Avenue to Triton Bend.
• A report and policy recommendations recommended by the town’s Organizational Review Subcommittee.
• A new fee schedule for the town’s Planning, Zoning and Building Department.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.