The Longboat Key Town Commission meets at 1 p.m. for its regular workshop at Town Hall to discuss the possibility of burying power lines along Gulf of Mexico Drive.
Florida Power & Light Co. representatives will attend to discuss the possibility of burying the lines and present costs associated with such a venture.
Vice Mayor David Brenner has pushed for cost estimates since he became a commissioner.
“The power lines are ugly and burying them as part of a long-term goal to beautify Gulf of Mexico Drive is something the town should be looking into,” Brenner said.
Also at its workshop, commissioners will:
• A proposed resolution that provides a list of 2011-12 recommended budget transfers.
• A proposed resolution that expresses Longboat Key Town Commission support for police and firefighter pension reform.
• An ordinance that allows for a $25,000 budget transfer for the street lighting modifications along Gulf of Mexico Drive needed during this past turtle-nesting season.
• A proposed resolution that allows for a $23,000 budget transfer to pay for a consultant to help make future changes to the town code.
• A proposed resolution that allows for a budget transfer of $67,470 to cover Longboat Key Public Tennis Center expenditures.
• Changes for homestead exemptions for qualifying seniors.
• The state for the 2013 general municipal election and an early voting schedule.