The Sarasota City Commission, acting as the Community Redevelopment Agency, will review a list of downtown projects considerations at its regular meeting today that includes a Main Street streetscape project.
The commissioners will review the following at its 2:30 p.m. meeting at City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota:
• $1.9 million worth of upgrades the DID is willing to fund from Bayfront Avenue to Osprey Avenue and $10,000 the DID is willing to contribute for a Palm Avenue upgrade project.
• $224,000 the CRA would fund for a Palm Avenue streetscape project.
• $1.3 million for a First Street streetscape project from Pineapple Avenue to U.S. 41.
• $1 million for a Main Street and Orange Avenue roundabout.
Also at its meeting, which reconvenes at 6 p.m., the commission will:
• A proposal to build a nine-hole disc golf course within Payne Park.
• Approving downtown enhancement grants for the Community Redevelopment Agency.
• Contracting with a company to act as a search consultant for a new city manager.
• An update on Sarasota Bayfront activities and events.
• Northwest Sarasota revitalization.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at [email protected].