The Longboat Key Town Commission will decide whether to adopt its Vision Plan at its regular meeting tonight at Town Hall.
A subcommittee that met for months last year worked to revise and update the 21-page plan.
Also at its regular meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
Consider forwarding to its March 7 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that provides for Internal Revenue Service compliance for the Firefighters’ Retirement System.
• An ordinance that funds a $42,000 funding shortfall for the Longboat Key trolley route.
• An ordinance that codifies ordinances adopted by the commission through Dec. 6, 2010.
• An ordinance that provides for pass-through wholesale water and wastewater rate increases from Manatee County.
• Town Manager Bruce St. Denis to commit $5,000 to the Economic Development Council of the Manatee County Chamber of Commerce, which will provide a seat for Longboat Key on its advisory board. The commission will appoint a member to the seat if it agrees to create the seat.
Consider appointing or reappointing:
• A Key resident to the Citizen’s Oversight Committee for Public School Facility Planning that expires this month.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at [email protected].