The Longboat Key Town Commission will discuss a $16 million north end structure and sand project at its regular workshop tonight.
The commission also will consider an island-wide beach project.
Also at its regular workshop at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will:
• The Planning and Zoning Board to review commercial site plan criteria.
Consider forwarding to its Monday, Feb. 7, regular meeting for first reading:
• An ordinance that allows for the Firefighters Pension Plan to comply with Internal Revenue Service compliance regulations.
Consider forwarding to its Monday, Feb. 7, regular meeting for public hearing and formal action:
• A resolution that makes proposed changes to the town’s Comprehensive Plan.
• The implementation of the town’s revised Vision Plan.
• The findings and recommendations proposed by the town’s Organizational Review Subcommittee.
• How other local island municipalities deal with nuisance wildlife and animal control.
• The purchase and implementation of a license plate recognition camera system to reduce crime island-wide.
• The feasibility of issuing special events permits for multiple planned events during a calendar year at a given location.
• Whether to continue the traditional Goals and Objectives Workshop, modify it or replace it with an annual meeting that updates the town’s Vision Plan.
• A request by Dr. Lawrence Kassouf for a sign along Gulf of Mexico Drive for his dental practice.
• An amended sea turtle ordinance that would prohibit beach furniture being left on the beach overnight during sea turtle nesting season.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.