Edward and Julie Burke, of Aurora, Ill., through their respective trusts, purchased the Penthouse 3101 at Grand Bay III for $3.08 million from Richard and Elizabeth Bond, trustees for the Bond Family Trust, of Rogers, Ark. The four-bedroom, five-and-a-half-bath condominium at 3030 Grand Bay Blvd. was constructed in 1998 and includes 4,074 square feet of air-conditioned living space with a total 7,770 square feet under roof.
The Bonds purchased the penthouse at the height of the recent real-estate boom for $3.75 million in February 2005.
109 Key sales in past 10 weeks
A steady volume of real-estate sales has been maintained on Longboat and its surrounding keys for the past 10 weeks — 109 transactions have been recorded at the Sarasota and Manatee County Courthouses, in Sarasota and Bradenton, between April 27 and July 2.
Alan and Goldijean Turow, of Sarasota, sold their Queens Harbour home at 3625 Fair Oaks Place to Maureen Savaiano, of Oak Brook, Ill., for $900,000. The three-bedroom and two-and-a-half-bath home was built in 1998 and includes a swimming pool and a 2,841 square feet of living area.
The Turows purchased the property for $554,000 in November 1998.
Country Club Shores V
Kathryn and Walter Lee, from Ightham, Kent, England, bought the waterfront home at 580 Birdie Lane in the Unit V of Country Club Shores for $845,000 from William and Barbara Welker, of Mentor, Ohio. The three-bedroom, two-bath house was built in 1968 with 1,977 square feet of living area and a swimming pool.
The Welkers bought the home for $1.15 million in June of 2004.
Longboat Key Towers
Patricia Mohr, of Richmond, Va., sold her Unit 204-S at the 12-story, 88-unit Longboat Key Towers, 601 Longboat Club Road, to Barry and Amy Renninger, from Berwyn, Pa., for $830,000. The two-bedroom, two-bath apartment was constructed in 1970 and has 1,560 square feet of living area. Mohr bought the condo for $749,000 in April 2004.
Lynn Brennan, of Winsted, Conn., purchased Unit 404 in the 10-story, 112-unit Promenade, 1211 Gulf of Mexico Drive, from Brennolini Realty, LLC, also of Winsted, Conn., for $461,500. The 24-year-old, two-bedroom, two-bath condominium has 1,585 square feet of living space. Brennolini Realty acquired the condo for $698,000 in March 2007.
Harbour Oaks II
Edwin and Maxine Stabins, of Pompano Beach, sold their Harbour Oaks II residence at 2341 Harbour Oaks Drive to Gary and Barbara Huston for $450,000. The three-bedroom, three-bath home with 2,282 square feet of living area was constructed in 1986. The Stabinses bought the property $280,000 in December 1994.
ROS#13, a Greenfield, Wis.,-based limited-liability company, purchased the one-bedroom, two-bath Unit 201 at the 78-unit Sands Point condominium from Michael and Maria Dull for $295,000. The 1,492-square-foot condo at 100 Sands Point Drive was built back in 1966. The Dulls bought the condominium for $540,000 in October 2005.
$1.5 million Bird Key sale
One of the original homes built on Bird Key in 1962 at 207 Robin Drive was sold for $1.5 million by Steven Wexler, 1753 North Drive, Sarasota, to John Ebin, of Sarasota.
The house has four bedrooms, four baths, a swimming pool and 3,447 square feet of living space. Wexler bought the property for $2.5 million in June of 2003.
Today’s Bird Key is a product of Arthur Vining Davis’ Arvida Corp., which bought the Key from the heirs of the John Ringling Estate in 1959 and later enlarged it by dredging sand up from the bottom of the bay after the state adopted bulkhead lines for all coastal waterfront properties.
Lido Harbour Towers
Robert Marie and his wife, Helene Provencher, of Quebec, Canada, purchased Unit 402 at Lido Harbour Towers, 1770 Ben Franklin Drive, from Gary Lill and Inger Lill for $355,000. The two-bedroom, two-bath apartment has 1,117 square feet of living area and was constructed in 1970. The Lills bought the condo for $475,000 in October 2004.
Kent Chetlain is a veteran Florida journalist and historian, a former Manatee County commissioner and a holder of a Florida real-estate license. He has chronicled real-estate activity in this area since 1957.